User Experience Architect
Do you want to help design and create novel software applications? Want to work in an environment where design is respected and innovation is a core strategic value? In short, if you're smart and productive, technical and personable, creative and experienced, Lab49 is the place for you.
At a time when many firms are downsizing, Lab49 is hiring top-flight UX Architects to work on the design and development of leading-edge trading systems. Our projects demand the highest level of creative design and execution, combined with passion and skill in working with both technical and non-technical users.
For the right person, we offer the opportunity to work on challenging assignments with outstanding colleagues.
Our UX Architects work with our development teams and customers, envisioning and designing the applications we create. You will be responsible for every aspect of a system's user experience - the overall flow and layout of the screens, the fields and information presented, the actions and interactions that are provided, and the visualizations of the data. You'll be involved in solving workflow problems, developing new ways of presenting market data, and figuring out what tools the client needs in their solution that even they don't realize yet. You will provide overall stylistic guidance while visual designers handle the implementation of the visuals (i.e. colors and fonts).
We create both desktop and web-based applications; these may be in Flex, Silverlight, WPF, or any number of technologies. You’ll gain broad exposure to many areas of our clients' businesses and also to a wide range of technologies. You should be adept at quickly learning new skills and terminology and at building rapport with all sorts of end users.
Lab49 is an innovative firm with a strong emphasis on attracting the most creatively astute designers who can engage well with our financial services clients. We're passionate about technology, architecture, and design while fostering an environment that supports the creation of reliable, high-performance software.
- Strong Information Architecture experience including ability to define and drive the process
- An abiding interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems (with technology as an enabler)
- Ability to communicate effectively and to influence client strategy, tactics, and perceptions
- Determination to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, and a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals over open-ended investigation
- Resourcefulness and independence
Apply for This JobClick here to apply for this job
- Projects with impact across the industry and visibility at the highest levels
- A chance to work with the best and brightest, at a recognized leader in high-end financial services consulting
- Opportunities for publication in the industry’s top magazines and websites and recognition as a thought leader
- Education and professional development opportunities including university courses, conferences, Meetups, code camps, certifications, and more
- An environment valuing innovation, collaboration, agility, and excellence
- Exposure to the latest technologies and practices
- Highly competitive compensation package
- High energy, focused work environment
Nice to have but not required
- Background in visual design (art, interactive design, motion graphics, print design) is desired and valued but not strictly required
- Proficiency with technology or financial services is a plus but not a requirement