User Experience Designer
Do you want to help design and create novel software applications? Want to work in an environment where design is respected and innovation is a core strategic value? In short, if you're smart and productive, technical and personable, creative and experienced, Lab49 is the place for you.
Lab49 is hiring top-flight User Experience (UX) Designers to drive the user experience design of cutting-edge financial systems.
Our projects offer talented design professionals wide-ranging creative challenges and demand from them the highest quality of design and execution. You will have the opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with exceptional colleagues and have the power and responsibility to shape the way users feel about the software they use.
UX Designers at Lab49 create next-generation user interfaces for the financial services industry, applying skills in graphic arts, cognitive science, human-computer interaction, multimedia, and software technology.
As fully integrated and immersed members of Lab49’s multi-disciplinary project delivery teams, UX Designers are peers to UX Architects and Software Engineers on client engagements. They are involved throughout the client engagement lifecycle, from pre-sales presentation and proposal, through project analysis and conception, to technical implementation and delivery. They are the principal contributors of information design, interaction design, visual design, animation design, and usability design on client engagements.
Responsibilities include the development of sketches, drawings, low- and high-fidelity wireframes, paper and electronic prototypes, project design guides, illustration assets (such as splash screens, icons, charts, tables), and applicable technology-specific styles and templates. The standard working toolset for UX Designers is Adobe Creative Studio.
The ideal candidate will have a blend of design skills and technical understanding sufficient not only to imagine an interface but to present and realize it as well. An educational background in art, design, cognitive science, or human-computer interaction is preferred. Knowledge of financial services is a plus but not required. Excellent communication and presentations skills are essential.
Innovative Design in Financial Services
The financial services industry offers many unique design challenges: massive quantities of structured and unstructured data, real-time data streams that update faster than the human brain can register, time-sensitive interpretation and response times, unparalleled information density, interactive and efficient data visualization, custom input devices, and global user groups of varied levels of experience, domain knowledge, and technical facility.
- Excellent layout, graphic design, and illustration skills
- Effective presentation and communication skills
- Strong time-management and self-organization skills
- Ability to offer and accept consistent critique of design work
- Ability to find multiple high-quality, valid solutions to design solutions
- A portfolio is required.
Nice to have but not required
- Background in visual design (art, interactive design, motion graphics, print design), cognitive science, or human-computer is desired and valued but not strictly required
- Proficiency with technology or financial services is a plus but not a requirement
How To ApplyTo apply for this job please send an email to email@example.com with your resume attached, and one of us will get back to you quickly. Thanks!
Apply for This JobClick here to apply for this job
Innovative Design in Financial ServicesThe financial services industry offers many unique design challenges: massive quantities of structured and unstructured data, real-time data streams that update faster than the human brain can register, time-sensitive interpretation and response times, unparalleled information density, interactive and efficient data visualization, custom input devices, and global user groups of varied levels of experience, domain knowledge, and technical facility.
- Projects with impact across the industry and visibility at the highest levels
- A chance to work with the best and brightest, at a recognized leader in high-end financial services consulting
- Opportunities for publication in the industry’s top magazines and websites and recognition as a thought leader
- Education and professional development opportunities including university courses, conferences, Meetups, code camps, certifications, and more
- An environment valuing innovation, collaboration, agility, and excellence
- Exposure to the latest technologies and practices
- Highly competitive compensation package
- High energy, focused work environment