Lab49 has an opportunity available for a Java Developer to lead work on complex and challenging projects to drive transformative change for our top-tier financial services clients. Operating in an agile environment, the Java Developer will have strong server-side experience to work on next-generation financial systems.
- Build distributed systems that deal with actor-based concurrency, reactive programming, distributed in-memory data grids, messaging that goes beyond plain JMS as we fully expect to participate in shaping the future of financial technology stacks
- Work on server side JVM-based projects
- Hit the ground running with the typical Java or Scala JVM ecosystem stack (Spring and its subprojects, Guice, Guava, Maven, Hibernate, Jetty, etc.)
- Retool continuously as the technology landscape changes every few years
- Be able to pick up other technologies along the whole development stack, including front-end and other non-JVM ecosystems
- Work with our clients in iterative, project-based engagements, where self-organizing and focused teams move quickly to build innovative solutions for the client
- Have the desire to collaborate, and like sharing and learning from your colleagues
- Be passionate about delivering quality code
- Demonstrate experience writing commercial-grade software applications
- Have a deep understanding of multithreading and real-time software architectures
- Have an abiding interest in and competence for solving real-world business problems (with technology as an enabler)
- Be determined to succeed despite obstacles and challenges, as well as a positive attitude favoring achievement of goals over open-ended investigation
Desired Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of recent hands-on experience in designing and coding complex, enterprise, commercial-grade applications in core, server-side Java, ideally Java 8+
- 5+ years of experience building RESTful Web Services
- Test-driven development, which includes Unit and End-to-End Testing
- Experience with Agile software development (e.g. SCRUM or KANBAN)
- Experience in a CI/CD environment
- Experience with, knowledge of, and strong demonstrated interest in, global financial markets and financial products is a strong plus
- Willingness and ability to get “hands-on” as needed – testing software, writing and confirming requirements with client, writing test plans, etc.
- Experienced and capable working with sales initiatives, interactions, etc.