Lab49 is looking for an Account Manager to help our clients deliver results against some of their most complex business and technology initiatives and help achieve year-on-year growth for strategic accounts. You will work with senior leaders on some of our most important accounts – helping our teams build relationships, win projects, and deliver excellence.
- Build and maintain relationships with existing clients by providing information and guidance; researching and recommending new opportunities; and recommending solutions to their new and/or ongoing business technology challenges.
- Develop and execute account planning and client relationship strategy, leverage thought leadership to build relationships, expand the Lab49 brand within the client, and uncover new opportunities.
- Proactively identify and drive new opportunities to serve the client’s needs. Lead and/or execute proposal and SOW efforts and seek opportunities to introduce new or additional Lab49 service offerings and capabilities.
- Articulate and able to engage in conversation with senior executives about the benefits of Lab49 Consulting solutions for their organization.
- Collaborate with team members to win deals through effective team-selling, including meeting preparation, meeting follow-ups, proposal development, and deal closing activities.
- Use Salesforce CRM to ensure knowledge transfer regarding account development, outreach progress, and opportunity pursuit.
- Support account talent strategy, manage team communications and events, manage onboarding and offboarding and team collaboration tools
- Manage confidential information requirements for your account, support compliance initiatives as needed, and support procurement relationships and contracting as needed.
- Oversee compliance with Lab49 standards to establish, monitor, manage and report key milestones and deliverables to ensure project health.
- Leads and develops cross-functional delivery teams to ensure impactful business outcomes. Meet regularly with stakeholders to ensure client satisfaction, resolving critical client satisfaction issues. Promptly escalates risks that affect client relationships or trust.
- Support the triage and resolution of critical program or project issues and scope changes throughout the project phases, including handling client escalations.
Required Skills and Experience
- 3-5 years’ experience working within a technical pre-sales position or a consultative sales position. 5+ years’ experience in a "client facing" environment.
- Undergraduate degree, ideally in Computer Science, Business Administration or related field; MBA a plus.
- Previous experience and/or domain knowledge within financial services/capital markets. Specific experience in a consulting environment a strong plus.
- Ability to quickly and effectively build trusted working relationships with a variety of people and personalities.
- Ability to establish immediate credibility with clients, build consensus, and achieve goals through influence.
- Comfortable reaching out to clients to arrange meetings and able to work past obstacles with persistence and poise.
- Effective in a fast-paced, dynamic working environment and able to effectively manage multiple priorities simultaneously. Strong organizational skills with attention to detail. Ability to both work independently and with others at all levels.
- Ability to assess client needs, identify omissions and gaps, and design optimal solutions.
- Creative thinking and seeking innovative solutions to complex technical/business problems. Ability to apply a logical and analytical approach to problem-solving.
- Excellent communication skills – able to represent the team, project and firm in all manner of client situations. Strong presentation skills to technical and business audiences, building on an ability to articulate and sell a vision. Excellent collaboration and influencing skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and client interaction skills, including ability to network effectively and build confidence with potential clients. Ability to maintain a calm and professional approach in challenging situations.
- Proven ability to manage complex sales cycles, with a track record of successful revenue attainment. Ability to close deals and overcome resistance and opposition from key decision-makers.